Mini-ISWAT Roadmap Status Review and Preparation Virtual Working Meeting II:
May 19, 2022 (14:00 UT - 17:00 UT), May 20, 2022 (11:00 UT - 13:00 UT)
The goal of this mini-ISWAT virtual working meeting is to review the status of COSPAR Roadmap Tier 2 papers intended for submission to the Advances in Space Research Special Issue 2 (Achievements and Future Goals, deadline on June 30, 2022).
Roadmap Tier 2 papers include
- Domain/Phenomena and Overarching Activities overview papers mirroring the ISWAT structure (led or facilitated by ISWAT Moderators)
- Papers on interfacing with users, papers on national/regional/international programs and strategies and opportunities for alignments on global scale to facilitate efforts multiplying (led or facilitated PSW Working Groups leads).
Tier 2 paper lead(s) will report on preparation status and present updated paper drafts or detailed paper outlines. We will discuss cross references between papers and review if there are significant duplications or if important topics (and references) are overlooked.
Google docs with paper outlines and Reference lists submitted for the Mini-ISWAT Roadmap Preparation Working Meeting I (https://www.iswat-cospar.org/mini-ISWAT_roadmap_preparation_meeting) are linked from the Roadmap preparation page https://www.iswat-cospar.org/roadmap_preparation_si2.
Everyone interested to contribute to this community-driven effort are cordially invited to comment on paper drafts/outlines and Reference lists by contacting papers leads/POCs and to participate in the Mini-ISWAT Roadmap Preparation Working Meeting II.
Tier 2 papers will form necessary foundations for Source-to-Impact Pathways papers and the final Roadmap Summary paper (Tier 3 and 4).
Topics for presentations/discussions will include
- Status of Tier 1 papers submitted to ASR Roadmap Special issue 1
- Updates on Tier 2 papers preparation
- Plans for Source-to-Impact Pathways and Roadmap Summary papers
- Action plan, deadlines review
- Opportunities for in-person Roadmap preparation session during COSPAR 2022 (e.g., July 17, Sun or July 23, Sat)
- ISWAT in-person Working Meeting in Coimbra, Portugal (Sep 26 - 30, 2022) planning