Dibyendu Nandi (Center of Excellence in Space Sciences India, IISER Kolkata, India), email@example.com
Relevant recommendation of the COSPAR-ILWS Space Weather Roadmap
“Identify, develop, and provide access to quality education and information materials for all stakeholder groups: Collect and develop educational materials on space weather and its societal impacts, and create and support resource hubs for access to these materials, and similarly for space-weather related data and data products. Stimulate collaboration among universities in order to promote homogenized space-weather education as part of the curricula.”
- Coordinate with COSPAR, SCOSTEP, ISWI, ILWS, UN-COPUOS, CCMC, CESSI and other regional organizations for planning, organization and delivery of space weather education and workshops around the globe.
- Build upon UN / ISWI educational activities and I-REDI (International Research, Education and Development Initiative) initiated by the CCMC to develop a standardized space weather school curriculum.
- Engage students in activities that are pushing the frontiers of research, development, and experimental operations.
- Create an environment for students from different countries and different career goals to work together for the benefit of society, and strengthen international collaborations.
- Promote space environment awareness as an important component of the new millennium core education.
- Address a growing need for the next generation professionals to understand the fundamentals of the Sun-Earth system, and the impacts of space weather on humans and technologies.
- Encourage motivated graduate students to join ISWAT projects as active participants and possibly co-leads.
- Initiate Space Weather World Relay that will engage students from multiple time zones around the globe in innovative and collaborative space weather monitoring, analysis, and forecasting.
- Maintain a database of space weather experts from various domains who volunteer to deliver space weather education tutorials.
- Committee on Space Research (Capacity Building), https://cosparhq.cnes.fr/events/cb-workshops
- Community Coordinated Modelling Center (Educational Materials), https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/support/
- International Space Weather Initiative, http://www.iswi-secretariat.org/
- Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics, https://scostep.apps01.yorku.ca/
- International Living With a Star Program, https://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/ilws
- United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/copuos/index.html
- Center of Excellence in Space Sciences India, http://www.cessi.in/
- Heliophysics Summer Schools, https://cpaess.ucar.edu/heliophysics/summer-school