Mini-ISWAT Virtual Meeting Series:
S2-01 Coronal Hole Boundary Working Team Meeting
30 June 2021, 9AM - 12PM US Eastern
The S2-01 Coronal Hole Boundary Working Team embedded in the COSPAR ISWAT initiative is announcing a virtual meeting on current coronal hole research. The meeting aims to present the progress in the working team as well as highlight the broad spectrum of today's coronal hole research.
The virtual meeting is planned from 9 am to 12 am (US Eastern Time) on June 30th, 2021 with a possible extension depending on the number of contributions (either adding more time on the same day or adding a second day on July 1st). It will include a progress update of the working group, invited and contributed presentations, and will provide ample time to discuss future plans. The presentations are welcomed to address key scientific topics listed as follows:
- Detection and analysis of coronal hole boundaries.
- Coronal holes and their associated ambient solar wind flows and fields.
- Coronal hole boundaries and solar wind acceleration.
- Improvements in magnetic models of the solar corona.
- News and updates on solar synoptic and synchronic magnetograms.
- Innovative data science perspectives and approaches related to all the topics listed above.
We invite you to contribute to the meeting by sending a short abstract to the organizers before June 2nd, 2021. The schedule will be available online three weeks prior to the meeting.